View Single Post
Old 02.05.2016, 12:19 PM   #306
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I do like the article though. It puts into words some of the shit that was rattling around in my brain that I-- being as detached form theory as I am-- couldnt find a way to express.

Particularly the bit about the Beatles' songs containing chordal changes that almost don't work, or don't make sense... and come close (but never do) hinder the song's quality.

One of my bands once did a kind of country punk cover of "Rocky Raccoon" and it actually proved to be quite an undertaking. Part of it was that I was the only one ("hey hey my only one"... *cough* sorry... sometimes I sing Kanye songs when I type or say the name of a Kanye song in conversation.... Ok, I always do that) who knew the song well.

This story is not interesting and I have to go to work so ima stop right here.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|