View Single Post
Old 04.17.2012, 09:52 PM   #15568
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
that sounds awesome. All of Godard's films seem to have that effect on people. They alienate the viewer... and require multiple viewings to get a grasp of the entire thing. I love the long shot of the traffic jam, albeit I found it absurd to sit through it the first time I saw the film. I wish I could see some of his work in a theatre.

His films always seem a bit too much like intellectual exercises for me and I'm always put off by what I think is a certain coldness at the heart of all of them. I won't deny his status as an innovator but I've never really enjoyed anything he's done - Le Mepris aside, perhaps because that's one of his least typical.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|