View Single Post
Old 03.11.2007, 03:23 PM   #8
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
obviously there are no rules, but if the person isn't that into sonic youth then the mixtape isn't going to be a hit. when you make a mix one should think more about the person who will have to listen to it, than just ramming in a bunch of your favourite songs regardless.

Depends, I guess... On how well you know your recipient, and on your purpose. Is your purpose to ensure 100% satisfaction on the receiving end? Or maybe you want to challenge the listener a little? Or a lot? Or maybe you want to show him/her what listening frame of mind you're in (and in that case, you should defiinitely NOT self-edit but just let it flow with whatever you feel like putting on). If it's from the heart, as in Sonic Youth 37's case, shouldn't he just include whatever strikes him as feeling right--I would think he was too concerned with making it "right," it might lose something. Hell, there's enough manufactured songlists on classic rock radio, if that's what you want. Sometimes I think it would be most appropriate just to jam a bunch of favorite songs regardless. I mean, why not? It's your tape. But again, depends on your intent.