View Single Post
Old 02.19.2019, 09:17 AM   #5453
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Also, literature is anything but obsolete afaic. I'm falling in love with the written word in a way I haven't known in nearly a decade. Thank you, and your exemplary prose, Mr. Rothfuss

I still love literature. Just the film/TV adaptation-athon has gunned up the works a bit.

Used to be you could almost guarantee a book would be better than any film that might come of it. Now, things are different.

I blame Harry Potter!

No, seriously, anyone who’s watched “The Leftovers” and read “The Leftovers” surely can agree with me on this.

And “Handmaid’s Tale” feels downright barren (no pun intended) compared to what’s been made of it on the show, which is a much more effective portrait of the impending rise of religious authoritarianism.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|