View Single Post
Old 11.20.2016, 02:32 PM   #232
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I wanted to see a somehow new band called Last Train, in a four-band festival called Octobre Rock, one hour from my place, in a village.
The venue was cool. What was not was that the festival had a DJ. And what he played, I did not like. I was there for rock, and we had... zouk... and disco... blaring loudly out the speakers.
The first band came on, teenagers, not quite comfortable with themselves (no blame intended), doing covers. Not great.
The DJ went back at it again. Some horrible hard rock, some French irritating pop...
The second band came on. They had an accordion and a saxophone. Being angry as I was, it was about unbearable. They hadn't started yet though. The singer went to the mike for the usual one-two-one-two. The sound wasn't as bad as with the first band, it was worse. Plus, the DJ had been freewheeling for more than 30 minutes at that point.
I had to quit and ran away.
The galette-saucisse was the only good thing that night.

And I've seen Föllakzoid in Angers in september and liked them.
Sonic Boom and Klaus Johann Grobe too, for a very very enjoyable night.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|