View Single Post
Old 08.08.2016, 09:56 PM   #28
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
https://swans.bandcamp.com/album/the-glowing-man
Ok FINALLY got around to sitting down and listening to this whole thing ( I had previously only listened to the Glowing Man Live track from the DVD) and I must say I am definitely and particularly digging it. It has many of the elements of "new" Swans that I enjoy.

I totally hear To Be Kind on this one, much more so than The Seer. Though really they all three have very similar sounds. The Glowing Man seems to have a more "piano" type sounds, a bit less droning guitarwork, a bit more ethereal in the soundscapes with more emphasis on apreggios...

Meh. To me it's got more of the Seer's "colors" and "hues" to it. More blues, greys, whites, purples... Less of the Reds and oranges of To Be Kind.

I've gotta be honest, of all the 2010-2016 Swans LP's, To Be Kind, while strong and undeniably great, is my least favorite.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|