View Single Post
Old 08.08.2016, 07:42 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
https://swans.bandcamp.com/album/the-glowing-man
Ok FINALLY got around to sitting down and listening to this whole thing ( I had previously only listened to the Glowing Man Live track from the DVD) and I must say I am definitely and particularly digging it. It has many of the elements of "new" Swans that I enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Wait, you think it sounds like To Be Kind?

I totally hear To Be Kind on this one, much more so than The Seer. Though really they all three have very similar sounds. The Glowing Man seems to have a more "piano" type sounds, a bit less droning guitarwork, a bit more ethereal in the soundscapes with more emphasis on apreggios...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|