View Single Post
Old 02.18.2009, 11:59 AM   #8
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
is it the band's fault the rest of us can't keep up? is it fair to slow down the fast runners so the whole herd might play?

I certainly see your point, but Sonic Youth lose out in the end, too. I think that many of their (certainly) mainstream albums could have found a bigger audience and been far more successful over the years if they hadn't had so many projects in hand. They've been spreading themselves increasingly too thin, and everyone's been losing out to some degree in some manner. They actually remind me of Marvel Comics in the early to mid '90s, with the explosion of multiple character titles and cross-over stories, leading up to the bust (from which they've never fully recovered).
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|