View Single Post
Old 11.08.2010, 09:25 PM   #350
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the new oh sees is alright, I listened to it probably 10 times the first week I had it but got bored with it... they're a consistent band, though I wish they'd mix their sound up a bit more. This is like the 10th album I've heard by them, and it's not bad at all, but it's a bit safe...

I am really digging the new mike watt album, "hyphenated-man". Weird art punk with ultra-weird and -awesome Magic Band rhythms, it doesn't really sound like the Minutemen like might expect; in fact, it's better than most Minutemen stuff (and I'm a big Minutemen fan). Highly reccomended.

Anyone digging the new Zs and Extra Life? I was a bit disappointed with em compared to the old works (that last zs ep, the one that has one 18 minute song, is one of my fav. ep's ever; this new album is a bit too noisey and samey for me), especially that new extra life which is just way too vocally dominated, in an obnoxious way. Still, some absolute great music.

REISSUE OF THE YEAR = Horribly Wrong - Come On and Bleed Along With... uniquely violent snotty garage punk.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|