View Single Post
Old 06.11.2015, 12:19 PM   #46858
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Okay. I just wasted an hour listening to Tommy, which is worse than I remembered, although the riff to "I'm Free" is better than I remembered. So boring, so few good tunes, and such a stupid, stupid story.

This was a hit and Arthur bombed? I wonder if Ray considered suicide.

What? By whom?

Yeah, I have always been almost embarrassed by Tommy. Like, culturally embarrassed. That "supple wrist" line is one of the most painful rock lyrics ever. It's sounds alarmingly covetous to me... but nobody else seems to find it unsettling, so maybe I'm just a prude about grown men writing weirdly erotic stories about young boys with intellectual and physical disabilities.

Arthur all the way.
And for all we know, Tommy's success might have been exactly what drove Ray Davies to madness and near suicidal behavior.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|