View Single Post
Old 06.11.2015, 12:05 PM   #46857
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the most boring ass concert I ever ever saw was Interpol after the Antics record. It looked like 4 young men who absolutely detested being on stage together, who hated the tepid and overly lugubrious music they were trying to promote, and who had absolutely no clue how to "fake" it for the audience.

people forget that performance is play-acting, even in punk bands, or bands known for their hit-or-miss nature when performing live (sebadoh, Dylan, etc.). The audience came to see a fucking SHOW

faek it til you make it. no band will ever be "ON" every single night. audiences are never the same, illness can strike, fatigue can strike, etc. that is why I love the way KISS and Van Halen used to do shows. every song is treated like it's the last one, and every concert is important, whether in NYC or in Baytown TX.