View Single Post
Old 06.10.2015, 11:24 AM   #46842
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

galaxie 500 - peel sessions (2005 - recorded '89-'90)

i hadn't listened to this before. half of it is a nice bunch of pleasant, mellow covers. opens with the sex pistol's slowed-down "submission" & ends with jonathan richman's "don't let your mouth go to waste". not bad for morning office work-- lively enough that it helps you function, quiet enough that it doesn't interfere. it reminds me of... mazzy star, a little bit, though not as mellow-- maybe with a touch of... what... damn i hear it and i can't name it. nico? well, everybody will hear something different. no-- the doors! yes, distant, and different sound, but there's a bit of the doors on the richman cover. if i only had the language to describe what i hear in musical terms my life would be easier.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|