View Single Post
Old 05.30.2019, 05:13 PM   #804
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
niiiiiiice

are you still looking for video footage?

90s:
johnny mnemonic
my own private idaho
break point
(yeah keanu is more 90s than kurdt lmao)

what is the name of this horrible movie also with rose mcgowan... the greg arraki one... oh, wrong double consonants, arrakis... gregg araki.. the doom generation

also...

haha ok i’ll stop, you havent asked

but tetsuo the iron man
survival research laboratories...

the year punk broke...

I just may be, yeah. I just showed clips of Daria and MTV's Downtown during my last two events. But I certainly could mix it up a bit more. I mean, that's what I usually do during my main event series. But "Scary Monsters" is more of a mixture between Oldschool Goth (and some more contemporary Goth every now and then) mixed with Post-Punk, New Wave, Art Rock and the sort. It isn't really bound to a specific decade or style, so I thought I had more wiggle-room in terms of fitting visuals (something between morose/macabre and silly/nostalgic). My 90s event just struck me as so specific that I didn't really bother to go all out with different kinds of visuals for whatever reason. But I'm starting to think that I should probably extend the same amount of dedication to the visual department as I usually would during my main events. So thanks for the inspiration.

Yeah, Keanu certainly is 90s as fuck. And I've actually watched a review of The Doom Generation once. It seems to be quite dreadful from a storytelling perspective. But the visuals and the colorful filters might just be exactly what I'm looking for. It's unmistakably of its time and quite charming from a sheer visual perspective. And the soundtrack is pretty damn sweet: Slowdive, Lush, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Curve, even "Dancing Gold" - one of my favorite songs by Belly. How come there were so many awful movies with decent to awesome soundtracks in the 90s? Whoa, recently watched "A Bitter Message of Hopeless Grief" after you had recommended the Survival Research Laboratories productions. Awesome stuff. Thanks

Antagon is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|