Thread: guns guns guns
View Single Post
Old 05.20.2018, 04:32 PM   #102
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
back in the day people used to drive drunk a lot too, and without seatbelts. that was never a good thing in the first place.

well that wasn’t a deterrent. that was a consequence of not doing the right thing

not really an adult but can be tried like one, right? or is it something else? please explain

btw was just looking at texas law and it says this:

An adult will be held responsible if a minor under the age of 17 gains access to a weapon. It is deemed negligible if the adult did not secure the weapon in an appropriate place and the firearm can be readily used.

this shit needs to be tightened and advertised and prosecuted in draconian fashion. apparently the dad just escaped prosecution cuz the kid is not “under” 17?

People are killed daily by drunk drivers...no difference there!

The deterrent for me was having to pick my classmate up out of his wheelchair and lug his deadweight up the stairs......seeing him having to use a catheter in the restroom. Very impactful on Jr. High me!

The State Of Texas considers you an adult the day your 17. From shoplifting to murder, you go to the County / City Jail and on to prison if convicted. If 16 when committing a crime, you go to Juvenile Detention and your case stays in the Juvenile Courts (Records not made public).

Starting at age 14, the Juvenile Court can petition the adult court for a hearing to Certify a Juvenile as an adult on a specific charge......murder, sexual assault of a minor, extreme abuse.

Most of my family members have gun cabinets (think china cabinet). Beautiful wood with glass front for showing off your collection......not necessarily to keep people from having access to them.

I highly doubt a Texas Jury will convict anyone for having a loaded gun in their bedside nightstand instead a safe......same for weapons kept in vehicles. I could be 100% wrong, but I don’t see it happening here.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|