Thread: Noise is.....
View Single Post
Old 04.10.2006, 06:12 PM   #120
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
haha you can "give up" whenever you'd like, but i wasn't really looking at this as an e-battle of any sorts, just a good chance to have a remotely decent conversation (for me, anyways).

maybe his longevity and all that goodness do indeed have a correllation with him being percieved as "better" than others. maybe the correllation a direct one. then again, maybe he's only percieved as "better" because he's made a name for himself over the course of almost 30 years and has a following who deem his work better than other works simply out of loyalty. maybe it's a mixture of all of these and some other things. i don't know why other people like or dislike noise, but i'm sure it has something to do with their personal preferences, making it (at least partially) subjective.

Yes. Absolutely. Partially, yes. I agree entirely. Excellent. I'm happy now.

The reason I get quite het up about this subject is because I've spent the last 2 years writing on it, and I've had so many conversations with people where I end up shouting very loudly at their attempts to blithely dismiss my hard work. The word subjective means an awful lot of things and is often used erroneously - I'm not saying you should read up on it before engaging in discourse (that would be stupid)... Well, what I'm saying is that it means an awful lot more than just a mere adjective; there are a lot of people who get very pernicity (sp?) about it. I see red, and I apologise for doing so. Like I say, vested interest and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|