View Single Post
Old 03.07.2014, 04:13 PM   #45
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Public radio here has an enormously popular music station that plays s shit ton of Prince, new and old. Trust me, his presence here looms large.

Wow - riding the coattails on Public Radio......never would have guessed.

So - Prince is to Minnesota as ZZ Top is to Houston / Texas......just not sure if KPFT's (Houston Public radio) blues show plays any new ZZ Top - all the stations play the hell out of the old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I juat never liked Prince. Overexposure to his ridiculous personae and awful guitar tone is inevitable when one lives Minneapolis.

I have a technical question: speaking as a guitar player, is tone considered more important than style or ability? If Prince or (lord forbid) Stevie Ray Vaughn produced different tones, would you possibly have decent things to say about them? Also, do you know if this issue of tone is the same for saxophone and piano players?
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|