Thread: Low-"C'mon"
View Single Post
Old 05.21.2011, 04:34 PM   #36
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Beautiful photos, narlus (as always). Thanks for posting.

Low are now touring in Europe. Before leaving the US (?), they stopped by A.V. Club's to perform a cover of Toto's "Africa" for their undercover series. Quite a killer version, in my opinion.

I hope some recordings of the european tour will surface. Kind of a disappointment that acidjack's tape of the Bowery Ballroom performance is the only one available in lossless format from the US tour. Good thing his recording is awesome, though. I guess it is possible that many tapers have also given up on this band (but maybe i'm just not having as much patience as i should), i'm glad _tunic_ is not one of those, and i would bet my eyes he'll hook us up with as many great tapes of Low as he possibly can.

Anyway, according to the info on Low's latest newsletter, a few more dates have been added to their schedule. Specifically, they'll be playing in Denmark, Poland, and Finland in October, and it seems that more dates will be announced shortly. Also, Low will make an appearance at France 3's "Ce Soir Ou Jamais" TV show, and their performance will be broadcast on May 26. Perhaps some of the french boardies (Torn Curtain and who else?) can record it and share it, or if that's not possible, at least i can recommend you guys to check it out if you have the chance.

The first tiny piece of aural bliss from Low's tour in Europe is a short session, including an interview, they did at the BBC for Marc Riley's show. It consisted of "Try To Sleep", "Nightingale", and "Something's Turning Over". The whole program can be streamed here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01174pd

If the world doesn't end today, US citizens will have a chance to listen to a Low live performance and interview with Greg Kot and Jim DeRogatis that will be broadcast by a variety of radio stations across the country:
http://www.soundopinions.org/stationlist.html
Again, it's highly likely that an mp3 version of that session and interview will eventually end on the sound opinion's archive, but if someone is able to record the broadcast straight from the radio, please do so, and then torrent the hell out of it. Thanks.