View Single Post
Old 12.23.2012, 08:59 PM   #74
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
So many offered up: "WHAT IF's."

The State / Federal Government has criteria / background checks..

Upwards of 40% (!!!) of the firearms sold in America annually. This is a loophole that needs to be closed but too many "guns' rights" folks resist even this simple task. So we have a myth that guns are strictly controlled through background checks when the reality is their not. Further, US arms retailers report 30,000 missing or stolen firearms to the ATF each year, that just what they bother to report. As to carrying permits, I think no body realistically wants schoolteachers to be armed, the reasonable compromise is to put armed police in every single one of 99,000 public schools in America. While it is plausible, it seems honestly ridiculous. Further, big surprise the NRA would promote a plan that essentially says, "Hey, go out and buy 100,000 guns for the schools."

Quote:

I do think it's important we all realize that any teacher at any time could bring a gun to school and shoot up the place. Just think of the thousands and thousands of teachers who have handguns at home, any morning they could place that gun on their person and enter the school. Best I can remember is no teacher has ever shot up her class room, but it has ALWAYS BEEN a possibility.

In the scenario I provided in the previous post, the teacher who reacted in time to hide her students would then have time to retrieve her gun......best case scenario being the students never see her holding the gun.

So would you really trust your kids' schoolteachers in a shootout not to hit your own children in the crossfire? That is the Pandora's Box about this issue, it would be all the worse a tragedy if school teachers or just armed citizens accidentally harm or kill innocent people in the crossfire. And no, I don' condone or forgive people for such accidents in the name of trying to help. Helping is automatically negated when such assistance results in grievous bodily harm or worse, death and loss of life.

I've already proposed the simplest solution, the one which is in effect in LA County. Mandatory nationwide ID-checks for the purchase of ANY ammunition ANYWHERE in the country under ANY circumstance. If folks are buying such ammunition for honest purposes, they have nothing hide or worry about.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|