View Single Post
Old 03.25.2006, 12:59 AM   #1
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
So, I was at a bar tonight (perfect place to talk politics, right?) and I was getting into it with this guy about President Bush, and the war in Iraq, and wars in general. Some how we got on Vietnam, and I pretty much questioned what it was soldiers in the Vietnam war died for, and a few people lost it on me. Leaving me feeling like shit, considering I have an uncle that fought in Vietnam. But to me it seems obvious that Vietnam was as a mistake, and that maybe they died for nothing....or at least nothing worth dying for. Is that just blind patriotism from them, or am I really in the wrong for saying that?

Do you guys think that is a lack of respect, or just a realistic view on Vietnam, years later...considering all that has happened to both sides of the conflict? I can't help but feel that many people died in vain.

Maybe I'm just as asshole.....or drunk.

What do you guys think?
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|