View Single Post
Old 09.20.2011, 12:21 PM   #15177
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
hmm, thanks. haha.. trying to watch more Bergman. I loved Persona.. one of my favorite films of all time really. I have a feeling none of his others will be as good..

Fanny and Alexander is the shit. Persona is great but too fucking psychoanalytical and tortured for me to watch repeatedly. I prefer Bibi Anderson in Wild Strawberries. Yes, yes, I prefer a happy fucky muse than a tormented nurse. If you liked the tortured stuff look at his early early films, everyone suffering like a Russian novel. Shit like "Crisis" or "Torment" (he only did the screenplay). ANyway Winter Light is about some poor tortured fuck again, but the cinematography is the eye cum. Sven Nykvist was a fucking genius. Well he shot Persona too, which is why the cinematography is better than the story here. God damn his pictures are incredible. Winter Light was before Persona.

DO NOT watch scenes from a marriage until you've been living with someone for a while. The way the 70s were retarded is hilarious.

But Fanny and Alexander I cannot recommend enough. The long (TV) version if you can find it (Criterion has it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
anyone here seen Hour of the Wolf by Bergman?...

i started but fell asleep. i wasn't in the mood for slooooow at the time. maybe another day.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|