View Single Post
Old 02.12.2012, 11:09 PM   #15409
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
I finally watched Possession, which someone mentioned on a thread asking for recommendations. It certainly caught my attention. This cannot possibly be a "review", since I haven't truly... experienced the film. What I can say is that I knew a modicum of information about it going in. Possibly the weirdest experience I've had in a while watching a film. The plot itself... if there even is a cohesive plot to begin with, it's rather vague at times. So many different elements are presented in this movie at once. The most bizarre scene possibly going to the peculiar creature on Anna's bed. I don't recall watching too many films about dysfunctional marriages, but this is one of the most powerful and compelling experiences about a couple's relationship deteriorating into complete madness and absurdity. The style reminded me a bit of other filmmakers... perhaps cronenberg, polanski (Frantic), and bergman. But this goes way beyond anything I've ever seen. I'm sure I'll have to watch this one a few more times to consume all of it. Even I was left disoriented when it finished. All I could say was "wow"... not in a good or bad way. I just had no idea what to make of it. Watch this film and it'll thrust its indomitable mighty cock into the rectal prolapse of your mind. Ok, carried away. Anyone here know much about the director? I'm definitely interested in seeing whatelse he has done.

The director, Zulawski, is definitely an acquired taste. He does have a few interesting films, though. "On the Silver Globe" is a three hour sci-fi film about a group of people starting a new civilization with lots of mud and screaming. "The Devil" is also good- it concerns a soldier wandering through a forest who confronts some pretty heavy shit. But honestly, Zulawski's movies can be maddening. He employs alot of fish-eye lens, wild handheld shots and characters that are quite shrill- basically they scream and go way over the top throughout the entire film. There's not much on DVD, but downloads are abundant for his films out there. A cult status.
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|