View Single Post
Old 01.31.2012, 10:08 PM   #15372
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I've been watching a lot of Howard Hawks films recently

Only Angels Have Wings

One of those quietly brilliant films that does nothing to advertise its greatness but it just dawns on you, about two thirds in that it's a real masterpiece. Cary Grant and Howard Hawks has to be one of the great Hollywood star-director match ups, easily up there with John Ford and John Wayne and Frank Capra and Jimmy Stewart.

Bringing Up Baby

Another Howard Hawks-Cary Grant team up (with a never better Katharine Herpburn) and one of my fave comedies ever. Anyone who's alsdo seen it would surely agree that it's one of those films that's so confident in itself. Just 90 minutes of really talented people enjoying themselves.

Another Hawks but without Cary Grant. I flip flop over whether I prefer this or John Carpenter's remake. My head says Carpenter but my heart says Hawks. Scientists and aliens were just better in the 50s.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|