View Single Post
Old 09.18.2015, 05:18 PM   #61
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Nobody's forgetting Master of Reality or Paranoid or s/t.

I'm just going with the general flow of the comments. First Vol.4 (my favorite), then Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, which is probably my 2nd, at least right now.

I have a lot to say about all of the band's Ozzy albums. So, don't get me wrong. I don't think Master of Reality is a "punk" record at all- certainly not the first. I think it's the genesis of stoner metal and doom. The nexus point where the vaguely "hippieish" colors and hues that were present in the band's "Cream-y" days became muted and dimmed as the band grew into their sound, and began to own it.
I said PARANOID is first punk record.
How is it punk? Its an overtly political record. Its 3 chord oriented. There is kick ass drum work.. but yeah i know its not a popular opinion

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|