View Single Post
Old 08.03.2017, 01:28 PM   #8618
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
But at a rate of the record signing doubling in barely a year? Na that's not a good thing, no matter how you look at it. I get there are always going to be increases in the signings of player. Look at the last 5 record signings

2016 Pogba £89 million
2013 Bale £86 million
2009 Ronaldo £80 million
2001 Zidane £46 million
2000 Figo £37 million
(Well done to Real on being in the top 4 )

That I get. Steady increases that in an market is sustainable. A doubling of it n a year is just daft. How long will it be before we see the first £500 million man? Normally you'd say "pfft, not for at least 20 years" now? I woudn't be surprised if it was in the next 5 years.

Quote:
so the price increases trickle down-- a rising tide lifts all boats.

Not necessarily. The only reason PSG is able to do this is because of a bullshit corrupt government handing the money over like it's a bag of sweets. All this does is push the gap from the top few further and further.

You only have to look at the last few champions league finals, or even semi-finals to see how it's going. It's generally limited to the massively richest teams and that's it. That's not a good thing for football. The big teams buy from who they see as a threat to their hierarchy and they go further ahead.

Juventus, Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern are the worst for this.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|