View Single Post
Old 06.16.2016, 08:37 PM   #19259
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
just part of the reason not to go to movies you know too much about. Sort of like my response to the Miles biopic, it's just too far from true for me to develop any sort of sympathy with anyone in the movie. Don't get me wrong, it was an OK movie, great soundtrack!, but missed on so many possibilities that it was a 5/10 for me.

PS, if you dislike animal cruelty, don't listen to the critics and do not go to see "the Lobster"

I can dig this. I have a serious problem watching films about psychiatry or clinical psychology. Not only because I once fiercely pursued a professional career in cognitive neuroscience, but also because I fucking loathe the discipline of clinical therapy. Sometimes it works in film, but usually only when the serious and dangerous problems with the scientist-practitioner model are being highlighted.

Noted on the Lobster thing. Thanks for he heads up.
If the movie's good enough, I can handle it, just like I can handle rape scenes if they serve an important purpose in the film. But if there's no reason for showing animal violence... if the implication if it could be just as effective, and the asshole director just wants people to cringe, I just can't do it.

That poor sweet littl Border Collie.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|