View Single Post
Old 03.29.2007, 02:15 AM   #19
XenakisMaster
empty page

XenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant future
Ya, is not Xenakis amazing? His history is eevon more intresting.
He came to NYC to coach us on his music , we took him to the Knitting Factory downtown NYC and had a concert of his music....very sweet,we recorded it live and released it on Mode Records...

Then he (Iannis) invited us to Paris to play at Radio France. That was My crowning achivement in New York after my Carnegie Hall debut AND (#1) meeting Sonic Youth at MY own performance at Cooper Union. Funny how things work out...eh? Shit, I am just a skate punk kid from the Bay Area of SF. I never finished any school, I have played music around the world, just bought my first house (closing tomorrow, sweet), offspring on the way in sept.. AND I am a professor, playing great music...heheehehee. living the dream.....

Now, for you NEW YORK people, go check out "NEWBAND"... they play music that is based on Harry Partch's vison of music and scale. Harry Partch invented a scale system that destroy's our "tempered" scale of 12 tones.

blessings,
matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh yeah sure by "xenakis" i meant you not him-- it was just shorthand. you have these little red buttons on you that mean that someone (?) hates you, so at first i thought you were not "real"-- i mean an impersonator really-- and then that band's nae sounded like a fiction... you know, like borges's books. but then i googled your "references" so to speak & all checks out!

anyway..

about xenakis, i've been very fond of his work (& his legend too) since i discovered him in grad school, a few years ago. i used to check his records out of various libraries & have a copy of "la legende d'eer" (sorry, no accents on this keyboard).

anyway, that's all... i'm still watching this thread a bit perplexed.
XenakisMaster is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|