View Single Post
Old 08.11.2006, 10:11 PM   #115
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
the fact that i was sick in the bathroom for part of it was a bit of a deterrent, but otherwise it was a good show.

luxinterior, what did you think?

I thought it was the most fun I've had in recent memory. X sounded amazing. When they played The Unheard Music...I mean, that was the unexpected highlight of the concert for me. I had been hoping for Nausea (though not the kind you had, which I'm sorry about), and of course that was great. But when they played the former, it just sounded unbelieveable. It's a good song on record, no doubt, but I was just shocked at how much better it could sound just because it was being played live.

I get sick of going to shows where everyone just stands there like they're bored to tears. When I see a band like X, I want to just go completely apeshit, and move around and sweat a lot and the whole package. As much as I like seeing Sonic Youth, the rest of the audience for the most part really pisses me right off. They love the songs, or so they say, but they won't even show it. I just like unreserved crowds. Which isn't to say that I am in favor of the many fistfights that broke out near me during the Rollins Band's set. On that note, Henry Rollins has always annoyed me greatly, and after that concert, I can honestly say that he still does. I had to try hard not to start laughing hysterically at all of his macho bravado for fear of being beaten up by one of the 200+ lb guys around me. Anyway, seeing him in person was very surreal. I can't really say I'm a fan of his, but it seems I see him on TV all the time, and seeing people from TV in real life is always very weird.

How much of it did you miss when you were in the bathroom? That really is unfortunate. My friend that I was with said she felt physically ill during the Rollins Band. Afterwards we went to Steak n Shake and ate cheeseburgers. I had a good time.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|