View Single Post
Old 05.11.2013, 03:43 PM   #45840
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Dezarie The Fourth Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Half String. Another great sounding American shoegaze band I recently discovered.

Indeed, Half String is sort of like what would happen if mid-1990s Lee had a shoegaze band! In a weird harmonic convergence, LA has been an origin point for some great shoegaze in two distinct eras, in early 1990s which diverged into the dream pop scene and then again in the hipster revival in the Silverlake bands post-2009. Today, LA bands sound like a prodigy of their heritage, Mazzy Star colliding with Medicine. Also a lot of female vocalists in LA bands, its becoming cliched here, and we are almost like an 1992 Olympia, Washington revival going in the local scene. Since I dig that sound, going to local shows never a let down.

Alas, the more I realize it, I'm a victim the LA sound, all the music I've created in the past ten years has been trapped in the form of shoegaze. I don't even really listen to that many shoegaze bands, and I've been in reggae and blues bands more than anything, but all my own music? Endlessly the same, even as it progresses. In fact, this latest project I'm working on I've full-fledged conceded is confined to the 1990s

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|