View Single Post
Old 07.24.2009, 03:31 PM   #86
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I really do believe that the more SY have tried to gravitate towards a more lyric-centred/'mature' styles of songwriting, the more they've shown that the band really lacks a good songwriter. The thing that always drew me to SY in the beginning was their riffs and the overal sonic architecture of their songs. The lyrics were always buried within that and I atleast tended not to take too much notice of them. The more they've been pushed to the fore the more evident it is (to me anyway) that words really aren't SY's strong suit - and maybe Thurston's least of all - and I think that a 'singer/songwriter' style acoustic album from Thurston would only confirm that.

I agree. I think their lyrics are sometimes pretty interesting, but they never strike me as mind blowing or very poetic. They even sometimes make me laugh because of really obvious or stupid rhymes.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|