View Single Post
Old 07.02.2007, 09:27 AM   #89
Smokers Gifts
little trouble girl

Smokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i think i admire more people who quit smoking.
no time to read all replies here, plus think this thread caused me anxiety.
but pls do come back and tell us how the behaviour of people in bars is after a month. are they more chatty in an annoying others way? more nervous or depressed?
and glice, do you have an anti-smoking advertisement on brit telly with a couple (hetero!) on bed and the man just lighting a cig and a note, that it will take long time since he ll manage to make love again? ew to that one.

A friend alerted me to this bizarre clause in the smoking regulations.
2007 No. 765

PUBLIC HEALTH, ENGLAND

The Smoke-free (Exemptions and Vehicles) Regulations 2007

Made 7th March 2007
Coming into force 1st July 2007

The Secretary of State for Health, in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 3, 5 and 79(3) of the Health Act 2006[1] makes the following Regulations, a draft of which was laid before Parliament in accordance with section 79(4) of that Act and approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament:—

PART 2

Exemptions

Performers
6. Where the artistic integrity of a performance makes it appropriate for a person who is taking part in that performance to smoke, the part of the premises in which that person performs is not smoke-free in relation to that person during his performance.

Although I am a non-smoker, I think this law is draconian, just an excericse in further undermining people's civil rights, and would love to see musicians standing up to its stupidity by smoking on stage.
So you can still do that on stage?
Smokers Gifts is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|