View Single Post
Old 04.02.2019, 05:02 PM   #2122
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
I just went to a gig of one of my friends. Her band was co-headlining with the Atlanta-based outfit Material Girls. I didn't know them beforehand, but now I do, oh do I. That was a fucking phenomenal gig. They're a fine blend of early 80s Dancepunk in the vein of Bush Tetras or Delta 5, some James Chance-esque jazzy No Wave, dark bluesy crooning a la Crime And The City Solution or early Nick Cave and some gloomy slow Goth numbers with a certain Siouxsie twist. And they fucking milked it for all it's worth. They would constantly change the parts they were playing. Four of them got to sing a few tracks, each of them in their destinct style. And they would pass around instruments like it was some kind of currency - with highly energetic antics to boot. And that sweet bass. Fuck, I'm impressed.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|