View Single Post
Old 01.24.2011, 02:01 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
fucking hipster

ha ha-- who? certainly not me! i eat animal protein 3 or 4 times a day (including industrial chicken and beef) and despise edamame. just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertonic
For materials I've a fairly cheap suggestion. I shadowed a recording engineer when I was young and picked up this tip for homemade sound proof rooms. Instead of costly Auralex foam or whatever, you can go to your local coffee brewery/shop and ask for the burlap bags that the coffee beans come in. The place here gave me a stack of 20 or so for free. Most of the time they give them away or take them home. I deadened most of the basement I had last year with them. Just be careful as they might be a fire hazard. You can get flame retardant chems (from Walmart or wherever) to spray on them if you are concerned. You might want to crumple regular brown bags and stuff them inside to give random angles to break up the sound reflections. Staple down to the walls. Anyway, a room treated like this does pretty well for next to nothing.

oh, that is brilliant-- burlap sacks. i have a lot of places where i could get those, but coffee smells better of course. this is a REAL closet however so i can't have a permanent installation, but maybe some movable panels or something. i have this folding room divider... hm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOK
I thought you might like to take a look at this article on re-amping. It would probably be preferable to re-amp your clean vocals for some real reverb rather than to use freeverb or something similar. "While digital emulators have gotten significantly better over time, sometimes there’s just no substitute for moving air."
http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/550039

oh, that looks cool, it's s0rta like what DDD does but mixing w/ the original signal.

but yeah, i live in a small apartment and the closet is not that great. then there's the bathroom, but it has a shitton of echo and it's no good. the closet is as quiet as it gets, considering the nearby traffic.

i got a decent recording out of the hanging coats (in all walls), pretty dead, trying to add reverb w/ bomb factory plugins in protools/avid. it's got a reverb thing.

been also trying to install Gverb for audacity but the instructions are a bit fucked.

anyone know of a place to get FREE vst plugins that will work w/ PT? the selection i have is limited and i'm sure they would love to sell me more for $$$.

alright. gotta go work. thanks again.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|