Thread: scum manifesto
View Single Post
Old 06.14.2010, 05:00 PM   #55
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Brave New World, that's what you want?

There's no sense in producing human beings in factories or laboratories, because robots are much more efficient.

i havent actually read brave new world. but i do think thats a bit of a simplification.

the point is - what is the distinction between human and robot? think hard enough and i don't think you can really find it, just different places to draw a line between the two. are people who have prosthetic limbs robots? or just their arms? what if the only non prosthetic part of them is their head? what about putting a prosthetic brain into a human body? and what would be the difference between a prosthetic brain, a brain grown in the lab and a brain that only exists in the genetic code of a fathers sperm, and would take a partner and a few years to grow to a specific size? thats why i like reading about transhumanism, because it shows you there are no clear definitions of these things, and any that we have are just abstract groupings to categorically seperate matter.

the question should also be "why make humans "naturally" instead of making something different that's much more efficient.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|