View Single Post
Old 07.26.2007, 08:18 PM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
feels is by far their worst album.

strawberry jam is a step in the right direction.. it feels like the music is trapped in ether.. whereas before, they were playing in the woods, now they're playing in outer space...

strawberry jam also holds the distinction of being an album that i like every song better than the song before it... the album just gets better and better!...

though i much prever avey tare's last solo album (and to a lesser extent, panda bear's)... damn, that album was underrated as fuck. people got so caught up in "OH, IT'S BACKWARDS!" "YEAH? LISTEN TO THE FRONTWARDS VERSION THAT'S HOW YOU HEAR THE SONGS FOR REAL!" "BUT THAT'S NOT HE POINT THE ACTUAL SONGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HEARD BACKWARDS" BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. just listen to the fucking album, stop generalizing and theorizing on it. it's genius. on that note, i also dig the new mum record.

animal collective, one of the only pitchfork-dick-sucking indie bands worth caring about.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|