View Single Post
Old 02.01.2007, 08:45 AM   #51
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Well I got my hands on vista at my local circuit city and yes it looks nice. It even seems like it works well, then again I froze it running three programs to the awe of the microsoft rep standing with his arms crossed waiting for me to fall in love with this os. I essentially crashed his machine with IE7, Acrobat Reader and WMP.

I called him out on the Mac inspired interface and all the innovative new features which are and have been old reliable for a Mac user.

I've been with windows since 3.0, I believe 1988, and since then have always had issues with microsoft. Like Tokolosh said, you can get a PC to run with a Mac, but you end up spending a lot more money than you think. For all you die-hard windows people that think Macs are just boutique machines, think again, apple is pushing the boundaries on all fronts, with the Intel duo core now in the Mac's, they are much faster than the G4/5's and cheaper as well. Compare Dell's XPS high end laptop with Apple's Mac Book Pro high end laptop, there isn't that much of a price difference, but the performance and stability difference is enormous. I've owned my ibook G4 for about two years and haven't had it crash on me yet, oh and !@#$! I know mac's can crash, every computer can be crashed, but the frequency of the crashes is less and the workload amount is more. My father in law recently gave us his old dell tower and I booted it up to have a look, I just shut down, Windows just doesn't have the same flow as a Mac does it doesn't run as smooth and its aesthetic is awful.
And my final thought is this old addage: ''Either you get it or you don't''
I think with Mac computers thats the truth, either you understand the interface and fall in love with it or you don't and need that Windows pain.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|