View Single Post
Old 07.24.2013, 07:05 PM   #3474
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I really wouldn't read anything into it. If Pep plans such a dramatic switch in position for one of his most key players, I doubt he'd announce it to his rivals pre-season. Why give them a 2 week head start in trying to overcome whatever system he has planned? I'm sure he just asked Lahm to play there because he trusted that he was capable of it while resting those he needed to and to frustrate any coaches sitting in front of the telly with their notepads out, hoping to get some early pointers.

Also heard that Barca's reason for fielding such a weakened team (relative to Bayern's) was the amount of their players who'd just been through the entire Confederations Cup: that the likes of Pique, Xavi, Busquets, Alba and Iniesta have been playing pretty much non stop for almost an entire year now, and they're frankly knackered. It may just be an excuse but it does seem reasonable. Xavi at least is probably moving around Barcelona in a mobility scooter right now.

EDIT: Should also say that although Lahm looked to be playing in midfield to me you should probably see for yourself cos I'm not that good with formations. At least since the world moved on from 4-4-2.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|