View Single Post
Old 12.21.2016, 01:29 PM   #3874
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Cole just sold a ton of copies (by today's standards) of that crap new album. 400,000+. Bigger opening week than The Weeknd, whose album seems to have also disappointed many.

Cudi is ok from what I've heard but not the kind of thing I'd buy. So, yeah, I'd say the new Mos is almost definitely going to be better than both. Even if it's not great.

Biggest thing about memorable hip-hop these days seems to NOT being restrictive to just hip-hop or rap sounds and styles. Kendrick does crazy sprawling jazz-inflected shit, Chance does something much closer to "pop" than "rap" and of course Kanye is always all over the goddaamn place. I pray more artists jump on board, because I feel standardd hip-hop growing pretty stale. When I want to listen to R-A-P, I have 25 years' worth of music to choose from. I think it's time we enter into a "post-hip hop" era, whatever that look like.
False Prophets recycles a Joey Badass beat from 2011 and Deja Vu uses a Bryson Tiller beat from last year. Born Sinner had a couple of recycled beats too: Electric Relexation and The Art of Storytelling (two of hip hop's greatest classics that should be left untouched!!), and Cole didn't do ANY of these beats justice.

All of which make him a glorified blog rapper in my eyes now. He doesn't bring anything new to the table but the general public sees him as "relatable" and "real hip hop" so he's basically another Eminem.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|