View Single Post
Old 11.21.2016, 08:31 PM   #77
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
yeah I mean I don't intend to "catch up," but there are some major books I feel like I'd really like to get around to.

I am having a blast with new stuff though. Here's what I read tonight... on a total X-Men kick apparently...

X-Men '92 #4 wraps up the whole vampire plot of the first three issues. For all its crazy 90's-isms and bright artwork and X-Men meet Buffy vibe, it ends on a very somber note. Great stuff.

X-Men '92 #5, the final issue in the first book "The World Is A Vampire," is actually a one-shot that takes place independently of 1-4. Or rather shows you what Cyclops and Jean Grey were up to during those issues... it is very campy and includes a "cameo" from Deadpool and even a scene where they fight four... uh... turtles that are ninjas... in a sewer? As an end to the collected book, it creates a nice counterpoint to #1-4. And y'know what? This is probably my favorite current comic series.

All-New Wolverine YES! This was awesome. Laura is such a bad-ass as the new Wolverine. Great art. Dark and violent. I'm definitely gonna stick with this series for a while and see where it goes.

X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever is totally different. It's like a teen comedy movie that takes place in the X-Manor. Baily is kind of a high school nobody. He finds out he's a mutant, but his power is that he can blow up... but that's it. He can do it once, cuz blowing up would kill him. So basically, he can't use his power. But he ends up an orphan and living in X-Manor. It's a neat set up and has a very unique tone. I believe the series ends after a short run (?) so I'll definitely see that to the end.