View Single Post
Old 11.21.2016, 11:26 AM   #68
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
awesome!!

Alright to just reiterate two suggestions I have for 90's nostalgics of Marvel comics, I'd suggest reading X-Men '92, which had a single "prequel" run in 2015, and is now up to issue #9 next week of the 2016 run. The other is Avengers 1.1 which just had its first issue this month. The .1 series is totally different than just the 2016 Avengers comic. Like, X-Men 92, it has a total throwback vibe in art and tone and story.

I think suggesting the new Jessica Jones series (2 issues so far) is kind of obvious for you. And maybe you'd be interested in All-New Wolverine... I don't want to spoil anything about Logan for you if you don't already know it and don't want it to be spoiled.

With that out of the way, Unworthy Thor might be good for you. I haven't read the first issue yet, but I read a couple pages in one of those Marvel Preview books and it seems pretty cool. Disclosure, I'm not a huge Thor fan - I mean I loved the first movie, but comic-wise I don't seek him out especially. I like him. Anyway, you'd certainly like Unworthy more than you would the new Avengers which for reasons (Civil War II... spoilers I won't spoil just in case) has a new Thor who is a woman. (I totally DO like the new Avengers comic, but apparently every critic hates it).

Anyway, there is a brand new 2016 Daredevil comic, so you might want to check that out. Issues 1-5 make up the Chinatown TPB, 6-9 + Annual make up the 2nd TPB, Back In Black. Issue 10 started a new story arch called "Dark Art" and it's not done yet - I think it ends w/ #15 in January (maybe), so a good jump-on for you might be #10.

For magic kind of stuff you might like Scarlet Witch's new book more than I did. I mean... I liked it, but I didn't care for the art style myself. And I'm less a fan of magic stuff anyway.

I'll keep brainstorming. I feel slightly on the spot and I'm sure I'm blanking on stuff.