View Single Post
Old 09.28.2011, 11:49 AM   #8
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Huh? UTBUTS is more "produced" and that is widely seen as one of his best works along with his first couple solo albums and some Boston Spaceships albums. I don't want them to make it lo-fi to get a point across, but (thankfully) they wouldn't do that to play up to their shitty AllMusic bio. I'm already hating seeing people who know Game of Pricks from the It Crowd keep being pretend music journalist to their friends and saying things about how it will be a return to lo-fi.

In other words, those days are long behind Robert Pollard.

And Pavement is done, Malkmus even said that in an interview for Mirror Traffic. I think that's for the best though, I really do.

I haven't heard UTBUTS. Sorry. Their discography is SO HUGE. I've been a fan since high school and still don't have a quarter of their releases at least.

I'm a big BT, AL guy fan. I also spin the best-of record a lot, and the live in Austin double album. So, unfortunately, I can't comment on that.

But yeah- Pavement released 5 10/10 albums in a row (well, BTC was more of a 7-8, overall), and their record was pretty much perfect. A new album would probably be kickass (I see no reason why it wouldn't be... the Jicks are ruling), but it might change their overall.... uh... legacy.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|