View Single Post
Old 05.10.2006, 08:22 AM   #26
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
it's been so long since we've had a decent sy discussion that i think i'll do a good post now.

for once, i can't really vote on this thread because i don't have either album, however i know many of the songs on them, plus i have bootlegs where they play many of the songs in these albums.

washing machine is considered a return to their more arty and experimental nature, nycg&f in a way relates to that same sense in that their song structures went away from the pop rock ones. wm does have one of the most beloved and simply plain "best ever" sy songs, the diamond sea, which makes it a fan favorite by that and that alone, yet it's charm doesn't end there because many more of those songs are amazing and underrated, and i mean underrated since the band has been discontinued to play them live, which is a shame. in a way, wm is sort of an evolution and sofistication of experiemental jet set trash & no star.

nycg&f is pretty abstract and it shows more of their process (as documented by the first 3 album on the syr series) than their songwriting process. i like side2side, renegade princess, lightnin', nycg&f...as i said before, i've heard just the live version and they seem fantastic to me.

well anyway, that's my opinion.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|