View Single Post
Old 03.10.2018, 12:30 PM   #162
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
sad to hear anyone who is a Sonic Youth fan decry someone's personal musical taste as "wrong as fuck".

Common SUCKS. his "music" SUCKS. It is not even worth mentioning along the likes of Tribe or Roots. (I don;t give a fuck about D'Angelo either, who is NOT Hip Hop, but straight soul R&B)

I listen to what makes me feel good. Rae Sremm, Young Thug, Future, Kevin Gates, Lil Yachty, 2Chainz, Ty $, and more are fucking awesome fun and amazing to blast and fucking entertaining. Common is a fucking windbag of mediocrity using "wokeness" as a selling point for his extremely bland "music." Fuck that loser.

There is nothing innovative nor actually clever in any of Common's "music." fuck that puto.

de la distanced themselves for Common Sense early on because they knew right away he was a fake ass bitch

Hey, I’m only trolling your ass because you made a point for so long of claiming Kanye (and Kendrick and others) were overrated shit every time I brought them up.

Toughen up, kiddo.

Also, no D’Angelo isn’t rap, but he’s in the hip-hop sphere. Not only because of his history of collaboration with rappers and hip-hop producers, but also because his music has always emphasized beat and timing (and featured rappers!), with a solid element of hip-hop structure in everything he’s released. Voodoo was recorded with Questlove and Common and so on, and Black Messiah is in a similar vein to Kendrick’s TPAB in the sense that it leans heavily on analogue jazz and blues and funk music.

He was also part of a big collective of artists, including rappers, producers and other singers like the Roots, Common, Erykah Badu (and by extension Andre 3k), J Dilla, and some others I forget. The collective is responsible for some of the defining rap and R&B recordings of the late ‘90s/early ‘00s.

Like Frank Ocean or Erykah, he’s not hip-hop, but he’s absolutely hip-hop adjacent.

Fool!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|