View Single Post
Old 12.29.2009, 06:11 AM   #21
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
It seems most of the people who genuinely hate Placebo are from England, whereas in America people either like them or have never really heard of them. Same thing goes for Therapy?...

Anyway, I like a handful of Placebo songs, and love Therapy?

But why does it bother certain people if a mainstream band names an underground/indie band as an influence or simply dares to say they like them?

Oh, and he's wrong about SY never having recorded a song in standard. Mildred Pierce is in standard.
What have Therapy? got to do with anything though? I've never seen anyone hate them and usually no one has heard of them... how many people have heard a band with a small moderate hit in the 90s and then just complete subterranean releases there after?

Anyway, it seems most of the hate for Placebo is people who only are familiar with their newer work (which is common among people my age, my girlfriend thought they had only been around for the past few years!) or are sick of them because their fanbase consists of 13 year old goth girls... but they are good!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|