View Single Post
Old 09.21.2007, 09:00 AM   #17
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I think what I'm looking for is a kind of sci-fi/sound effect/moog type stuff, like what the BBC Radiophonic Workshop were (are?) doing. Sort of a less song oriented Joe Meek 'I Hear a New World' (which, of course, is one of the greatest albums known to mankind) kind of thing. I downloaded Sarramkrop's Hungarian Electronic album, which is utterly fantastic and that's DEFINITELY getting there. Music made by old men and women in labcoats, to read Dan Dare to, basically.

Maybe try Dick Raaijmakers. Not sure if he was wearing a labcoat, but at least he made his sounds in a labatory, being a researcher for Philips during the 50s-60s. Some of his work is droney, although most of it isn't. It's all weird tape manipulations sound effects stuff though, often with a bit of a sci-fi feel to it. It's definitely a bit in the same corner as that Hungarian electronic album at least.

there are some audio samples here:
http://www.donemus.nl/cd_detail.php?id=85&lang=EN
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|