View Single Post
Old 12.06.2012, 01:13 PM   #2243
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's the one area of the game where the rest of the world could learn something from England. Seven Nation Army, that bastard Sloop John B one. The best chants are witty, ironic and usually bordering on the offensive or cruel but the main thing is they're funny. It's the one area of the game in England that stands against the processes of sanitisation. I know West Ham recently got in trouble for some anti-Semitic chants against Spurs but, while I can't condone them, it's better than the rent-a-fan chants I hear in the rest of Europe. And I almost gagged when I heard LA Galaxy fans chanting "thank you Beckham" during his final match. Ultimate chant fail, that one.

i don't understand half of what you're saying but i do recall watching a dc united/ la galaxy game where the dc fans were clearly and distinctly chanting FUCK YOU, BECKHAM, and you could hear in on TV. and of course LA lost, mhuaahaahaaahaa.

anyway about he rest-- i have no idea realy. not only am i new to european football outside of world cups, which is a matter of economics, but there's also a bit of linguistics involved-- i don't understand a word of the english (or irish) chants, when i hear them. for that matter, i have no clue what the germans say either--ha! but i do like it when the crowd screams the name because i though, hey, must be cool to hear the crowd call your name when you score (thats of course from my alien perspective).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|