View Single Post
Old 09.13.2014, 09:30 PM   #1105
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
But something about his delivery, his style, whatever cancer of the ear nose and throat he has that make voice sound like an ultra-serious Quasimoto doppelgänger, who rhymes with the frustrated impotence of a child slinging insults in a fight that he is very publicly losing... Something about the whole goddamn package (not to mention those stupid cheekbones of his when he's looking all GQ when he's posing w/ Dre & J. Lovine for a Beats ad) just makes me feel like I've just puked in my mouth.

couldn't have said it better. he's def a cultural low point along with NU rap Metal late 90's shit, but then again i was worshipping Pavement and SST, post punk and the like and not really liking the Brain Wilson ness of some bands of the time.

there's evidence of his influence here and there now. particularly in Odd Future and the nu wave like, but it doesn't translate well now. not that it matters. but WOW.......the Yeah Yeah Yeah's guitarist and the whole post revival probably had more of an influence on modern hip hop than that guy, if only on a producers standpoint. not saying i like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, and he(Em) will be remembered( i hope in a bad way)....

but Em should be left behind just like those white trash jerry springer shows my mom use to watch. uggg!!!
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|