View Single Post
Old 10.03.2013, 07:19 AM   #47
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
I honest to god think that goo is the only bad record sy ever made. to me, the production is monochromatic, and is befitting of the songs in that they're among the most dull the band ever wrote. I can't think of one song that I would ever listen to from that record.

while I still don't love dirty as much as I love most of the other lps (it's confined to my bottom-rung with rather ripped and the eternal, goo is off the fucking charts), what saves it from being a fucking disaster like goo is that the band actually seem as if they're enjoying themselves: it's consciously ridiculous, and strikes upon this tone which is admittedly bettered on experimental jet set... it's similar to rather ripped in that, as rob said, it's a fucking summer album, a party record, just unpretentious, straight-forward but nonetheless weird pop. there's a sense of humour to both records, of which goo is just wholly bereft. sure, dirty is overlong, and some of the songs don't stand up as well as others, but come on...100%, swimsuit issue, sugar kane, shoot, creme brulee, those are just undeniable songs.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|