Thread: The Clash
View Single Post
Old 12.11.2006, 09:19 PM   #17
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
London Calling...pure brilliance! Definitely one of the greatest rock albums ever and the best thing the Clash ever did. Although their self titled is a close second. And I like Give 'em Enough Rope but it really has that 'debut album leftovers' vibe.

I know a lot of people will hate me for saying this, but while I like Sandinista, I think it would have been much better if they cut it down to a single disc (or double LP instead of the triple). The album as it is is way too long and has tons of throw-away tracks in the midst of some pretty brilliant ones. Anyways, after Sandinista, they pretty much went downhill.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|