View Single Post
Old 04.03.2013, 07:53 AM   #190
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
new Deerhunter single is awesome! noisy as fuck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYUENZQ84-E
I thought it was really shit...

deerhunter were like the formative contemporary 'indie rock' band for me, but I can't help but feel that subsequent to logos brad's and their work has just gotten progressively weaker. halcyon digest had a couple of great songs (desire lines is probably the best thing they've put their name to) but for the most part it was nigh-on mindless drivel, filler that cox can seemingly churn out in his sleep. parallax was the nail in the coffin for me. what was previously special about them was the way that they made these old trends sound new, but those albums really saw him and the band succumb to flat revivalism.

I can't help but think that monomania will be the same. it's now ultra-stylized, the grit is so contrived it's painful to watch, whereas cryptograms was a genuinely dirge-y piece of work and microcastle/fluorescent grey were emotionally honest and thereby appealing.

I'll still give it a listen though, they're still a phenomenally talented band. I simply wish they'd cut the fucking act and just be a solid group who can play siq kraut-gaze jammerzzzz.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|