Thread: Hallogallo 2010
View Single Post
Old 08.21.2010, 11:59 AM   #33
DaveCromwell
bad moon rising

DaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz

Lincoln Center god bless them for putting on these shows every summer but that place kills a lot of vibes with the boring lightshow (basically just turn on the lights and leave them on all night)

I disagree. I thoughts the lights enhanced the show.

The same it did with Manuel Gottsching in August 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZjoBZJ2Bq8

Quote:
and strict security ("move back to your seat!").

I was content to stay in my seat (until the final song) and experienced no problems. And there was that mad rush of everyone up front, so I didn't see any real negative security action (but that doesn't mean it didn't happen). I did experience it at the Rhys Chatham show (briefly) the following year. But after I hunkered down next to one of the "command towers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFFtYA8huc

there were no additional "incidents"

Quote:
that being said, pretty damn good night of music. the opener Hermeto Pascoal also rocked it, I don't think that band stopped for a breath entire 50 or so minutes they played.

On this I do agree. They were amazing.

Quote:

also, god bless all the people in their 80s or 90s in the front

Thank you! We can still kick it.

Quote:
I hope I'm still in the pit at that age.

I'll look for you there.

Quote:
Also, the toddlers and babies, they seemed to be having a heck of a time, judging by the bobbing heads, kicking feet and smiles on faces...

It was good clean family fun!

DaveCromwell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|